Monday, August 17, 2020
OKLAHOMA CITY – Employees at Metro Tech received awards and recognition for their commitment to career and technical education during CareerTech’s annual Oklahoma Summit Conference August 3rd and 4th.
The annual conference was slated to be in Oklahoma City, however was rescheduled for virtual attendance garnering over 4,000 registrations from around the state of Oklahoma.
Metro Tech is honored to announce these outstanding employees whose Oklahoma Association of Career and Technical Education (OkACTE) awards represent the important work they do:
- Tammy Balliet received the 2020 OkACTE Carl Perkins Community Service Division Award. Tammy is the Medical Administrative Services program teacher.
- Lois Miller received the 2020 OkACTE Health Careers Education Division Award for Teacher of the Year. Lois is the Practical Nursing Transition program teacher.
- Randa Pirrong received the 2020 OkACTE Administrator Division Nominee Award for Administrator of the Year. Randa is the Chief Officer of Instructional Excellence.
- Kelly Powers received the 2020 OkACTE Career Guidance State Level Award. Kelly is a high school and adult student counselor.
- Rick Stroud received the 2020 OkACTE Trade & Industry Division Award for Post-Secondary Teacher of the Year. Rick is the Electrical Technology program teacher.
- Brittney Waugh received the 2020 OkACTE Outstanding New Professional Award. She is a Curriculum and Instructional Coach.
Lorri Carlile with OkACTE said candidates are nominated by their peers for division and state level awards. A selection committee is made up of division awards committee chairs and members who review applications and dossiers of the nominee
Employees recognized for participation in the OkACTE Fellowship Program 2019-2020 are:
- Jade Carter – Title IX Coordinator, representing the Educational Services/Special Population (ESSP) division.
- Bonnie Logan – Student Work Readiness teacher, representing the Guidance division.
- Brittney Waugh – Curriculum and Instructional Coach, representing New & Related Services division.
Metro Technology Centers has four campuses offering short-term, career and customized business training. Campuses are located in South Oklahoma City, Northeast Oklahoma City, the Will Rogers Airport and Downtown Oklahoma City.