Metro Tech Foundation announces 2020 scholarship recipients
Scholarships awarded to deserving Metro Tech students
OKLAHOMA CITY – Scholarships may never have been more coveted by students then they’ve been this year during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Metro Tech Foundation and board of directors are pleased to announce the scholarship recipients for 2020.
Metro Tech Foundation executive director, Ashleigh Gibson said “The scholarships are extra important this year because the families of a lot of our students have been impacted financially by COVID-19, and we also want to celebrate these exemplary students that are graduating.”
Metro Tech students are normally recognized for their scholarships at the annual “Sowing the Seeds for Success” fundraiser banquet in April. Due to the event cancellation, the banquet has been rescheduled for August 27th at the Oklahoma History Museum.
Scholarship recipients are:
- Maria Dejarlo, Pre-Engineering Academy, Dr. James D. Branscum “Character First” Scholarship.
- Jocelyn Vazquez, Biomedical Sciences Academy, Dye Family Scholarship.
- Corey Vick, Jr., Pre-Engineering Academy, Mark Vincent Memorial Scholarship.
- Alondra Garcia Fraire, Pre-Nursing program, Dr. Donna Neal Thomas Scholarship.
- Luis Galvan, Pre-Engineering Academy, Dr. Dennis L. Portis III Memorial Scholarship.
“We are working on a porch drop-off and yard signs for the students to be recognized, and they will also be invited to the banquet in August, god-willing it happens.” she said. The foundation plans to release names on their social media page soon.
$14,000 is awarded annually in scholarships and awards to Metro Tech students. For more information about the Metro Tech Foundation and to donate visit www.metrotech.edu/foundation or contact 405-595-4415.
Metro Technology Centers has four campuses offering full time career training programs and customized business training solutions that has been contributing to Oklahoma’s economic workforce since 1979.