This major offers opportunities for students to train as paraprofessionals or teacher assistants, as well as meet the academic requirements for receiving the Child Development Associate (CDA) certification. Students receive an overview of early care supervision including professional development, communication skills, safety and regulations, and ethical principles. Curriculum covers special needs, curriculum development, classroom management, and discipline techniques in a classroom/laboratory setting, as well as in a work-based learning experience.
Child Care Training Center
The Metro Tech Child Care Training center is Located on the Springlake Campus in Oklahoma City. It houses a full-time career major program and short-term courses in Early Care and Education.
It is also a functioning daycare center which can be utilized by students, staff and the community. Features about the daycare center:
- 6:30 am-5:30 pm
- DHS approved, NAEYC guidelines
- Experienced, qualified staff
- Ages 6 weeks through 5 years
- After school program for K-6th grade. Transportation from schools provided in northeast area. (Call 405-427-1034 for more information.)
- Affordable rates
- Financial assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch and snack included
- No registration fee
- Priority enrollment given to Metro Technology Centers students and staff
For more information or to enroll your child in the Child Care Training Center, please call (405)595-4751.